This tuna salad recipe is celery free, as I prefer to add pickles instead, but you can always swap the pickles out or add both! I also get really bad heartburn/indigestion from red onion, so I sub with sweet onion instead.
- 2.5oz solid white albacore tuna (I use the Bumble Bee packets)
- 2 tbsp light mayo
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp kosher dill crunchers finely chopped
- 1 chopped hard boiled egg
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chives, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 1 croissant
Optional Sandwich Add-ons
- Green leaf lettuce
- Sliced tomato
- Slice of cheese of choice
- Combine all tuna salad ingredients
- Slice croissant in half, I’ve found this turns out best if you use a bread knife.
- Spread tuna salad on croissant, topping with optional items like lettuce/tomato or cheese.